THE JOHNSON'S

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Making time go by quicker!

Since I have become pregnant I have gotten this crafty bug, I want to make things, sew, modge podge, I mean things I have never dreamed I would do, but the one I have newly tried and loved is sewing!!! My mom has an old sewing machine and one Saturday I stopped and got some cute fabric and of course had to ask the lady how much fabric I needed for a receiving blanket, instructions, and all sorts of questions. That poor lady! Any ways I headed over to my moms, Nate works every Saturday so that's when I get to head to Salina! We got my mom's old machine out and it worked like a champ! My mom had to help me with quite a bit of it, but by the end I was so proud of my little blanket. It may not have the straightest lines, but I was quite impressed!
So after that I wanted a sewing machine! Once again I stopped got fabric, this time minky and flannel for a receiving blanket, which the lady cut a ton! It's going to be big enough for him till high school! But it turned out so cute!! And not to mention my sewing skills were improving! I did the blanket all by my self! I loved sewing! I would even dream of sewing! In my sleep I would sew at least 4 blankets!! I was a mess! Finally one night we went to Walmart and Nate said if you get this cheap one I will let you buy it now, I was so happy, but of course I talked him into one 20$ more, a nice singer! It's just basic with nobs, nothing too fancy, just perfect for what I need to do! So that night I was up till midnight sewing! Nate is just as excited as I am about our sewing machine. He loves to help out!
The next day I made a burp cloth and like I said I can't sew very straight, but I defiantly can not cut straight! My biggest weakness! I try so hard, but it's impossible to cut straight! Well I finished my burp cloth and Nate looked at and in a sweet voice said," oh hun we can do better than that" I just laughed and said lets see what you can do! Well Mr. Perfectionist kicked my trash at sewing! Good thing a burp cloth doesn't need to be pretty!!
We have loved our machine! We also sewed some little ties on onesies and planning on a few more receiving blankets and burp cloths! It's a fun hobby when Nates working and I am home. Saves me a trip to Salina! :) I told Nate it was an early Mother's Day present! It's been so fun learning to sew! I love knowing I can do some sort of domestic thing! My mom also loves seeing me get so into sewing! She tried to in high school and I had no interest, but now I love doing it and looking at fabric! Wow pregnancy does some weird things!
Look at the burp cloth picture and you can defiantly tell who's is better!! Nates a pro! :) he rocked it!











No comments:

Post a Comment